Friday, January 4, 2008

A couple Morcels

Ok, I'm still working on gettin my official best of lists out for everyone's boredom. But, in the meantime, I have come across a couple of morcels in the last few days I must speak of.
First, the movie Juno, staring Ellen Page (X-Men 3) and Michael Cera (Superbad, Arrested Developement) Just saw this, and it is a fantastically quirky film that made my wife cry (I don't cry in movies a whole lot...). Superb acting, witty dialogue, and real-life humor. Instead of telling you what it's about, here is a trailer for your viewing pleasure. If I was into giving things a numerical rating, I would give it 4/5 Chairs, and its one of my fav movies of 07 now. Go see it!

Second, the currently-on-hiatus-cuz-of-writer's-strike gem of a television show, Pushing Daisies. I don't watch a whole lot of tv these days, but Cass introduced me to this nugget online recently, and I am quite sad I missed the 9 episodes that have aired. It is totally my kind of show. Very goofy, slightly twisted, and (dare I say the word...) "cute." I plan to watch all 9 episodes online, and follow it religiously when it comes back on the air. Here's a trailer!


Oh, and I also really enjoy Peach Fresca.

2 comments:

The Obergs said...

CHRIS KIRKHAM!!! What the heck, welcome to the blogging world! So glad you found my blog, now we can be more than "spatula" friends, we can be blogging buddies! I have been DYING to see Juno, I hear it is fantastic. I too am into slightly quirky, kind of strange movie/television, so this sounds right up my ally. Do you enjoy any of the Wes Anderson films? (i.e. Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, Royal Tenenbaums, Life Aquatic, or the newly released Darjeeling Limited). I like your music list for 07' of course I enjoy anything from Iron & Wine, Sufjan Stevens, The Shins, and Sigur Ros. Whoa, my comment is getting long, so I might have to peace out. Good to hear from you. I'm going to add you to my friends list.

P.S. Your comic book turned out super cool, your nephy is lucky.

matt lohrke said...

word up on the new blog.

i saw 'juno' last week. overall i really liked it. i thought all the 'hipster dialogue' sound a bit rehearsed and practiced, ergo phony--who talks like that anyway? and name-dropping the stooges and sonic youth struck me as a bit cornbally. but hey, but i loved the story. i cried at the end. michael cera was ace, as he always is.

i think i have all 9 episodes of pushing daisies on my dvr. i could probably hook you up with that if you wanted. i admit to a massive crush on anna friel. and hey, i admit to a massive crush on lee pace, too. they're both so hot they should be illegal.

did you draw all those pics in your nephews coloring book? if so, WOW! i'm super impressed.