Thursday, January 30, 2020

Favorite Songs of the Decade: 50-26


Each song links to a video or stream of it when available. Dig in.





50 \\ The Suburbs \\ Arcade Fire (2010)

"So can you understand \\ why I want a daughter while I'm still young? \\ I want to hold her hand \\ and show her some beauty before this damage is done"


49 \Tongue Tied \\ Shura (2016)

"I'd rather lose it all for you \\ than regret things I didn't do \\ Don't wanna be alone \\ cuz you're what I want"


48 \22 (OVER S∞∞N) \\ Bon Iver (2016)

"Where you gonna look for confirmation? \\ And if it's ever gonna happen \\ So as I'm standing at the station \\ It might be over soon"



47 \\ The Edge \\ CANT (2011)

"Our blood's come undone \\ Our edge is adrift \\ When you're not around \\ just what would I miss?"



46 \\ Pretty Girls \\ Little Dragon (2014)

"You magnify the universe \\ Grab your purse \\ Grab your luck \\ Pretty girl, don't get stuck"



45 \\ Raxeira \\ Bibio (2016)

"Slide the book back on the shelf and promise \\ that you'll look towards the dark days with a glad heart"



44 \\ Eugene \\ Sufjan Stevens (2015)

"Now I'm drunk and afraid \\ wishing the world would go away \\ What's the point of singing songs \\ if they'll never even hear you?"


43 \\ Sweetest Kill \\ Broken Social Scene (2010)

"I thought you were the sweetest kill \\ Did I even know? \\ And all the time we thought we did \\ Was it just for show?"


42 \\ Midnight City \\ M83 (2011)

"Waiting for a word \\ Looking at the milky skyline \\ This city is my church \\ It wraps me in its blinding twilight"



41 \\ I Will Love Again \\ Bat for Lashes (2016)

"Oh, I was a deer in the lights \\ I was lost in the waves \\ But I will love again"



40 \\ Pneuma \\ TOOL (2019)

"We are born of One Breath \\ One Word \\ We are all One Spark \\ Eyes full of wonder"



39 \\ No \\ Nicolas Jaar (2016)

"Lo que todos hemos visto \\ Y lo que ni siquiera dicen \\ ya dijimos no"



38 \\ The Daily Mail \\ Radiohead (2011)


"You made a pig's ear \\ You made a mistake \\ Paid off security and got through the gate \\ You got away with it \\ but we lie in wait"


37 \\ Sparks \\ Beach House (2015)

"The never shared before \\ from my mouth to yours \\ And then it's dark again \\ Just like a spark"



36 \\ Fallout \\ Neon Indian (2011)

"We somehow imagined \\ But I don't pretend to \\ know what's inside you \\ If I could fall out of love with you \\ I need to fall out of love with you"



35 \\ I Follow You \\ Melody's Echo Chamber (2012)

"I follow you \\ Pretend you want me to \\ Living a test \\ Locked up with you"


34 \\ Shook Down \\ Yuck (2011)

"The time it takes for you \\ is the time it takes for me \\ So don't agree \\ You can be my destiny \\ You could mean that much to me"



33 \\ I Need a Forest Fire (ft. Justin Vernon) \\ James Blake (2016)

"I'm saved by nature \\ But it always forgets what I need \\ I hope you'll stop me before I build a wall around me \\ We need a forest fire"



32 \\ Seasons (Waiting on You) \\ Future Islands (2014)

"As it breaks \\ the summer will warm \\ But the winter will crave what's gone \\ Will crave what's all gone away"



31 \\ Only tomorrow \\ My Bloody Valentine (2013)

"Only tomorrow the love comes easy \\ watching the blue \\ it's beyond"



30 \\ Get Lucky (ft. Pharrell Williams) \\ Daft Punk (2013)

"We've come too far \\ to give up who we are \\ So let's raise the bar \\ and our cups to the stars"



29 \\ Rough Song \\ Beach House (2015)

"Hard to hear \\ she spit on you \\ and made your bloody nose more bloody \\ Shut the door \\ She'll have no more \\ Another vodka cocktail party"



28 \\ [L] MIRL \\ Deftones (2016)

"Now a reawakening \\ Another form of myself \\ I come right out of my skin \\ Slip into the calming waves"


27 \\ Wishes \\ Beach House (2012)

"The contact that you make \\ The moment when a memory aches \\ Who can tell? \\ You do it well \\ Wishes on a wheel \\ How's it supposed to feel?"


26 \\ The Poison Tree \\ The Good the Bad and the Queen (2018)

"If you got dreams you keep \\ And you're leaving me \\ I'll see you in the next life \\\ I'll set you free"


(continue to Top 25)

No comments: